Tête à Papineau pancakes
- 250 ml (1 tasse) pancake and waffle mix
- 250 ml (1 tasse) milk
Cook the pancakes in an oiled cast iron pan. Set aside.
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 200 g (7 oz) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 beet greens, stem removed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- white peppercorns and salt flower
- 200 g (7 oz) Tête à Papineau cheese, sliced
Preheat oven at 120 °C (250 °C).
In a frying pan, melt butter and sauté onion and mushrooms over medium heat, until golden. Season to taste.
On each pancake, spread a beet leaf, a portion of onion and mushroom mixture, some cheese and roll the pancake.
Place on a baking sheet and warm in oven until cheese has melted.